Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Well played, Smack Shack.




Since their emergence this season, Smack Shack has been parked right outside my office building.

Right. Out. Side.

And visible from my elevator bay! It's only by virtue of insatiable cravings for Dandelion Kitchen and WSK that I don't just run up to their window daily, grab the guy taking the orders by the collar, and demand they shove lobster salad down my throat while swaddling me in that wonderful grilled bread.

In all fairness, I didn't spend a lot of time at Smack Shack last season because (relatively speaking) at 1st Ave. and 4th St. N., it was kind of far away.

Not the case this season, which is fortunate-- because otherwise I may have missed what I now consider the best thing on their menu. The shrimp po'boy ($10). Sure, the lobster roll is wonderful-- but the shrimp po'boy is just a little more special. An generous portion of lightly breaded (and well-cleaned, for those of you wondering) shrimp tossed in hot sauce on a soft and chewy roll, garnished with mayo, cucumber, tomato and lettuce.

Smack Shack also does their truck menu nightly at 1029 Bar in N.E. Minneapolis, which I hope to check out soon. Combining street food + dive bar would be perfect if 1029 still has a pinball machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment