Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Welcome to the Neighborhood, Steve!

Today I visited Simply Steve’s for the first time and what a pleasant introduction it was! After chatting with Katie (Steve's daughter and partner) for a couple minutes while Steve whipped up my black bean burger, I was given a free banana chocolate chip cookie for stopping by. I love these people! (There’s no way they could have known banana chocolate chip is my absolute favorite, but nonetheless they now have me wrapped around their finger.)

I had to visit Steve after reading his bio on his website. I always appreciate someone with a sense of humor, so I tracked them down today at 6th and 2nd in front of Capella Tower, where they said they plan to be once a week – they move around.

The black bean burger was a special today so I tried while I had the chance, but it was a tough call with a grilled portabella sandwich also on the menu. I guess I know what I’ll be having next time. The burger was a little mushy, but flavorful and generously topped with pepper jack cheese, crisp lettuce, thick-cut tomato, a pickle, and just the perfect smear of chipotle mayo. It beats out my Morningstar burger any day and for only $6!

Looking forward to the next time, Steve. Glad to have met you!

No comments:

Post a Comment