Friday, June 3, 2011

The Food Truck Trend

I happened to drop by WSK for lunch today at the same time that CHOW.com was there photographing the truck for a feature. WSK/Saffron Chef Sameh Wadi came in a very close second in CHOW’s national Most Innovative Chef competition and will soon be featured on the site.

It was fun to watch the CHOW photographer in action, but even more interesting was that I noticed several amateur photographers (like me) taking pictures of the truck and their food. I also couldn’t help but overhear some of the conversations around me in line. “This is so cool – what have you read that we should try?” “Oh look, they were featured in City Pages!” Even one guy just walking by said to himself out loud, “Wow! Look at this line! The food must be good – I better try this place.” And he promptly took his place at the end of the 20-person deep line.

It’s official. The trucks have become a full-out trend. I guess that means I just need to start taking my lunch at 11:00.

No comments:

Post a Comment