Thursday, June 16, 2011

The Party's at Vellee Deli!

When I walked up to the Vellee Deli truck for the first time I immediately felt happy. Was it the short line? The smiling faces behind the counter? Both good; but it was the music playing from the speaker on the outside of the truck that lightened my mood. It was the first time I've seen this feature on a food truck and I totally approve! Kudos to Vellee for considering atmosphere as an important part of their dining experience. Music is a very nice touch when standing on the street waiting in line.

I couldn't decide what to order for my first Vellee meal, so I got both The Kraken (beer-battered fish tacos) and the Vellee Melt (portabella quesadilla). I was psyched about the mushroom quesadilla because I haven't had one since Barrio sadly removed it from their menu last year. It was quite good with a kick of queso and lime, and I will be back for another soon, I'm sure.


The tacos were tasty as well, loaded with shredded cabbage and pico. But they were a far cry from my favorite pescado tacos from Masa, and at about the same price I will probably stick with my old faithful going forward.

I've heard amazing things about the Vellee egg rolls, but I don't eat chicken, so they weren't an option for me today. However I was excited to learn that a vegetarian egg roll may soon be added to the menu. If you want the veggie rolls, please ask for them and maybe we can get them by demand!

No comments:

Post a Comment