Tuesday, April 26, 2011

WSK Brightens the Day

After a drag of a winter longingly gazing at the yellow WSK sticker on my bulletin board, frankly I’m a little giddy that World Street Kitchen has opened for the season in downtown Minneapolis.

Jenn and I didn’t let a little rain stop us from our inaugural WSK lunch of 2011 today (an occasion we saved for when we could go together – they opened yesterday).

I practically inhaled my spicy yum yum rice bowl, slowing down just enough to enjoy every flavorful bite of mushroom, egg, onion, cilantro, and WSK’s killer sauce that makes it so amazing.

And I always have to get a Mexican Coke at WSK. A perfect balance to the spicy yum yum, and so much better than the American version with no high fructose corn syrup – just real sugar (why isn’t it that way everywhere?!).

Aside from the food, it’s the people that make World Street Kitchen stand apart. Saed is always so welcoming as he takes orders and mingles with the crowd on the sidewalk, even on busy days. He recognizes loyal customers and greets them warmly. Chatting with him is always a day brightener for me.

Currently on Marquette between 5th and 6th and moving around, WSK expects to land back in its 2010 location on 5th by summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment