Friday, July 22, 2011

Parched: A Beverage Profile.

My daily lunch dilemma was further complicated today by Hola Arepa's announcement proclaiming they were serving ginger mint lemonade. Having already set my heart on the crab roll, a special of the day at Smack Shack, I would likely still be thirsty. Lucky for me there was no line at Hola when I was walking by and was able to get said lemonade.

Most of the trucks have some wonderful and refreshing beverages to go with their food offerings-- long lines typically make getting just a beverage at the truck a near impossibility, but there are certainly some beverages worth the wait, and at around $2 each for a 10 oz. cup, are a bargain to avoid the old soda stand-by.

Dandelion Kitchen serves a variety of house-made sodas. So far this season I've seen basil-lime, lemon-ginger, orange-cardamom and my personal favorite: rosemary-grapefruit.

Hola Arepa boasts several different kinds of lemonade, including cucumber-lavender, rhubarb-ginger, pineapple-caraway, and today's mint-ginger-- which tops my list. They also have iced teas: blood orange-hibiscus, strawberry-hibiscus... And if you're serving lemonade and iced tea, you may as well mix them together. So they do, offering an Arnie Palmer.

Vellee Deli serves a watermelon mint agua fresca, Chef Shack offers an Arnie Palmer, get a strawberry lemonade from Fork In the Road, and Barrio Truck serves a variety of Jarritos sodas.

If you want coconut juice, you'll need to go to WSK.

No comments:

Post a Comment